The final photo challenge of 2015, and the final photo challenge for this blog!
We spent December in New Zealand and Australia. I took over 2,200 photos, and I had a difficult time choosing the images to share for this collection. I’ve decided that this will be my final monthly collection for the photography challenge. We are moving to the USA, and with the end of our time in Korea will come the end of this blog. My monthly photography challenges began as a way to encourage me to learn my camera and entice me to see more of Korea. 852 photos later, I think I was successful. I have gathered wonderful memories and a new skill with this project; photography is part of who I am now. However, the monthly challenges were never meant to be a lifetime project. I don’t think that any collection could top this month’s group of dreamy southern hemisphere landscapes. Thank you for following along on this project; I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I have.
1. Pick a direction, any direction. In New Zealand, it will be gorgeous no matter where you look.
2. Our first day in New Zealand. We had no idea what sights awaited us.
3. Lupins and sunset.
4. I loved seeing sheep in green fields. All the colors are so vibrant in New Zealand.
6. Milford Sound at Fiordlands National Park.
7. This mossy forest looks like it’s straight out of a fairy tale.
8. Just the view from the side of the road in New Zealand. No big deal.
9. We camped on this beach and had the place to ourselves.
10. Crazy kea parrots fighting each other.
12. Poor guy; flippers are not made for scratching.
13. Another from Fiordlands. I can’t help it; it was our favorite spot!
14. Bruce Bay, New Zealand.
15. Rainbow AND sheep on a hill!
16. These green hills and blue skies were so welcome after dreary days in Korea.
17. Nearly 30% of New Zealand land is a park!
18. Mount Taranaki, New Zealand.
19. Aoraki/Mount Cook, New Zealand.
20. One of the many waterfalls we saw on this trip.
21. A perfect little hobbit hole.
22. Australia’s southern coast.
23. I loved these little pools in the rocks.
24. Sydney botanical gardens.
25. Aren’t these irises gorgeous?
26. Tide coming in.
27. The shoeless photographer.
28. A little bit of France in Sydney.
29. Sydney Harbor.
30. Fern Gully.
31. As this project ends, a sunset picture seems most appropriate.
Again, thank you for following along and encouraging me on this photography journey. I hope you feel inspired to explore with your own camera. Happy clicking!
Check out previous months:
2013: August, September, October, November, December
2014: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
2015: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November