I enjoyed my August photo challenge so much that I decided to continue to push myself in September.
Again, my goal is to simply take more pictures, not necessarily one photo for each day. My goal is to make practicing my photography skills more of a habit, not a second thought. I was failing miserably at this during the beginning of the month. I regressed into not pulling out my camera as often, and on the 19th I had only collected 9 pictures for my September collection! I think that is a sign that I have to continually be on the look out for subjects. I am still a little shy about using my camera in public; I don’t want to be that annoying person who has to take a picture of every meal (just the best meals!) I know my persistence in practicing will pay off eventually; until then, thanks for joining me as I click along on this learning experience!
1. So, I bought new pens. Again.
2. Macaroons and a little planning for the future…
3. Charming necklaces.
4. Our shadows, Korea’s sand.
5. My first silhouette attempt!
6. I love fall, but I know I am going to miss all these beautiful summer flowers!
7. I’m pretty sure I could survive on only cheese. And chocolate. And wine.
9. This beauty was towering above me. It just looks happy, right?
10. Work it
11. I couldn’t resist getting a picture of this cute pup! Look at those curly ears!
12. It may be another flower picture, but this one is floating!
14. Pavilion in Naksan Park
15. Vans…on a wall
16. Outdoor photo display- my kind of decorating!
17. Spread your wings and fly away
19. Street food is the best food!
20. Subway time!
21. Say cheese!
24. Dreams really do come true at Once Upon a Milkshake
25. Every fall I become obsessed with burning candles. It just feels right.
26. When life gives you lemons, take pictures.
27. Beach Weekend!
28. More Pink!
29. No matter where you go, there’s always Coke!
30. Welcome Fall!
That’s my September in photos! Although not all of them show things that are essentially Korean, I think it gives a little peek into my daily life. Not so different from daily life anywhere. I feel that I am understanding what I am drawn to more in life and in photography. I like photographing flowers and food more than people (interpret that as you choose). I prefer bright colors. I tend to focus on details more than the big “picture.” I’m really enjoying my little challenges, especially this one where I see how how the seasons are changing just through my camera lens.
Get ready…my camera has big plans for October!
Did you miss the August 31 Pictures in 31 Days? Check it out here!