I took 1,585 pictures this month.
And I still don’t feel like I am taking enough! I feel that my personal monthly goals are making me take more pictures, but it is still something that I must remind myself to do. Too often I look back on my day and think, “oh yeah, I should have taken a picture of that.” I am still learning how to use my camera settings, but I feel that I understand how the camera functions more and more everyday. Here is what October looked like through my camera:
1. A perfect end to summer.
2. Rain drops outside my kitchen window.
3. I want a mailbox like this!
4. I can’t get enough of the beautiful fall colors.
5. We got a new living room rug just in time; our floors are getting too cold for my toes!
6. Along the river.
7. Airports = Adventures!
8. Flying away!
9. Cambodian children.
10. My patient photography instructor.
11. On top of the ruins.
12. Leaves rolled and used to decorate a shrine.
13. Lotus flower.
15. These little geckos were all over Cambodia.
16. Cambodian arm candy.
17. I went on a walk in the woods and found a little bit of fall.
18. It’s cooling off here; bring on the chai tea!
19. My photo for How We See Korea.
20. We may not have children in our home, but they are always present because I am constantly prepping art projects!
21. Pumpkin season!
22. Abandoned building.
23. Some days I just need purple.
24. Scarf season!
25. Leaves. Again.
26. I won a Rubik’s cube at a Halloween party; my tutoring student has been tutoring me on strategies. It’s becoming an obsession.
27. Just a bit of the cuteness I get to work with.
28. Crisp, delicious, and pretty enough for a picture.
29. I love this quote. It is often attributed to Mark Twain, but it has not been verified. Poor Unknown.
30. Our new favorite snack. Chocolate covered frozen bananas. Yum!
31. I’m in love with this season! After 5 years in Texas and Alabama, I am finally enjoying a true autumn.
I’m definitely noticing trends in my photography. I am drawn to leaves and bright colors. I’ve never really been a “selfie” girl, and I feel incredibly awkward taking pictures of myself. My patio is my favorite place to take pictures because it has the best light. I’m always lugging objects out there and creating a little studio. I hope you enjoyed the pictures!
Here are the results of my August and September challenges in case you missed them!