A little delayed, but here!
In July, I completed a full year of monthly photography challenges. I was unsure of how and if to continue this project. Instead of making any changes, I made no change at all! (Except posting exceptionally late :/ ) I still have a lot to learn; however, I no longer consider myself a beginner. I might have overestimated how many pictures I was taking during the month, and didn’t end up with as many as I thought I would have. Therefore, this post has quite a few pictures from Hong Kong. I was quite happy with my photography during our time in Hong Kong. I feel significantly more confident with night photography, and no longer need constant coaching from Jared. One night, Jared and I were taking pictures from the top of a parking garage. I started playing with my camera to distract myself from the fear of being murdered/beaten/having my memory card stolen, and I found that Jared was standing in beautiful lighting. I didn’t have a tripod and had to stand very still to take my pictures- no trembling in fear for me!
1. Winston turned 6 years old in August! It was a big deal.
2. I’m over summer. I want fall, right now. The mornings and nights have been chilly, and I can’t wait!
3. Winston and I found this…growth in the woods. It’s a mushroom, perhaps?
4. “Patches? We don’t need no stinkin’ patches!” There are many uses of this phrase; I favor the use of “patches” instead of “badges,” and my reference is to the wonderful film Troop Beverly Hills. Yup.
5. A dreary day.
6. A little fish choir. “Take me to the river…”
7. You can often get free water in public places in Korea; you just have to drink from an envelope. I have to think very carefully each time I do this.
8. My camera is attracted to jewelry stalls like a magnet. So colorful!
9. I know how to ask in Hangul how much something costs. I also know (mostly) my numbers. However, when I ask in Hangul, the reply is usually way too fast for me to comprehend. I usually translate with something along the lines of, “there’s a four involved.” In general, shopkeepers just type out the price on a calculator. It works.
10. City of bridges.
12. 같이 갑시다! Katchi Kapsida! Let’s go together! (Always.)
13. Fish Market.
14. Little one.
15. He likes to flirt with other drivers at the stop lights.
16. More from the Noryangjin market.
18. Sometimes you enjoy the view even if it’s raining.
19. In Hong Kong.
20. I love when I see a sign that surprises me.
21. It’s the little details that make being a tourist so much fun.
22. A tradition junk boat (that’s really what they are called!) in Hong Kong.
24. I struggle to live in the moment. No matter where I am, I’m always thinking of the next adventure.
25. Now that I have started back to teaching preschool, I am struggling not to caption all these photos in relation to the alphabet. “D is for dragon.”
27. Spotted in a temple in Hong Kong.
28. Hong Kong’s islands!
29. Aboard the Star Ferry in Hong Kong.
30. We will go anywhere, even shady parking garages, for a picture.
31. I will have more pictures and a post about Hong Kong soon!
See my pictures from one year ago: August 2013